5 February 2016

RECIPE · Porridge my way



Here I am going to tell you the way I like to have my porridge at the moment, the measurements may not be precise but let's face it porridge is a dish where you can really just play it by ear. I came up with this combination by throwing mainly what I already had in my cupboard into the mix because I thought "Hey! How could this combination not be anything but tasty?". This is a loose recipe and can easily be changed to suit any diet.

Ingredients:

  • Oats (Any form you want however I wouldn't recommend instant oats as they are usually pre-flavoured, unless hey they happen to replace an ingredient later on)
  • Almond Milk (This is what I use but feel free to use any milk - dairy or otherwise)
  • Cacao Powder
  • Cinnamon
  • Vanilla Protein Power OR Vanilla Extract
  • Agave/Maple Syrup or Honey (Can be replaced with another sweetener of your choice)
  • Pecan Nuts


Recipe:

  1.  In a bowl add how many oats you wish to use, pouring in almond milk that covers them completely.
  2. Take your flavourings (Cacao powder, cinnamon and vanilla protein powder) and place about 1-2 dessert spoons of the cacao and vanilla powder and a dash of cinnamon into the bowl stirring it into the oats and milk. As stated before these aren't strict measurements, feel free to add to taste.
  3. Place the bowl in the microwave for about 1 minute, take out and stir then place back into the microwave for another 30 seconds or until the consistency is right for you. If you think it is too stodgy add more milk and microwave again.
  4. Then add your agave/maple/honey to the mixture, stirring in to taste. 
  5. Then add a handful of pecan nuts onto the top of the mixture then you're ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment